High School Senior Scholarship Fund
The Badge 219 Scholarship was established in 2018 to honor and celebrate the life of Officer John D. Kennedy, who died to soon. Officer Kennedy was on patrol at the time of his death, when he was shot in the head while sitting in his patrol car. The Badge 219 Scholarship awards a $1000 scholarship to a Saint John Paul II Academy, current Junior/rising senior.
The student must have an immediate family member who is or was a law enforcement officer. You may apply if your family member is current, retired or deceased.
The 219 Badge scholarship committee requires that the student awarded this scholarship demonstrates strong family values and morals. In addition the student must:
- Be a current Junior / rising Senior
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Have met Saint John Paul II Academy Service requirements each year
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Has Extracurricular participation in school activities